What’s Your Michael Jordan Story?
This blog post is about RELENTLESSLY filtering out everything, except your vocation. The Michael Jordan Story. This movie came out some years ago. It chronicles the stunningly incredible accomplishments of ...
This blog post is about RELENTLESSLY filtering out everything, except your vocation.
The Michael Jordan Story.
This movie came out some years ago. It chronicles the stunningly incredible accomplishments of Michael Jordan.
While we’re all familiar with probably the most famous athlete in history…
when I watched this again the details of his journey amazed me.
Did you know:
- Michael Jordan was an unremarkable athlete in high school
- He was actually cut from his high school basketball team after his freshman year
- Even in college, he was regarded as average. Until one game-winning shot sky-rocketed his confidence.
The Michael Jordan Story. Part 1 of 6: Rejection, determination, and breakthrough.
There are many lessons you can learn from the Michael Jordan story.
The lesson I choose to draw in this blog post is simple.
Michael became the best in history at his vocation
Because he chose his vocation
And filtered out everything else.
He was OBSESSIVE about becoming the best. His slow start indicated that he wasn’t the most talented.
But no one will dispute that he was the most focused, and most hardworking, and most relentless.
Even when he tried, and failed… he tried and tried again.
The Michael Jordan Story. Part 2 of 6. Success, and Failure.
THE CHALLENGE: What are you willing to be relentless for?
Look at your list of talents.
your list of knowledge areas that you’re passionate for.
And then look at the mile-long to-do list that you drag along with you every day.
Your exercise is this: I want you to aggressively and proactively but blinders on.
Filter out EVERYTHING except what you want to want to be THE MICHAEL JORDAN of.
I’m going to ask you to BURN your to-do list.
And rewrite it with a hyper-focus only on the things that fit into your very narrow view of what you need to focus on.
What your personal brand needs to be about.
Part 3 of 6: King of the Hill.
- Personal Brand Formula Challenge #5: How to Rank Your Super Powers.
- Personal Brand Formula Challenge #4: What’s Your Michael Jordan Story?
- Personal Brand Formula Challenge # 3: Do You Love What You Know?
- Personal Brand Formula Challenge # 2: What Are Your Top 10 Talents?
- Personal Brand Formula Challenge # 1: What’s Your Superhero Elevator Pitch?